Covenant began in 1952 with eleven members meeting in a store building downtown. Several moves and much construction later, the church held Easter services in 1982 in a new sanctuary on Rio Road. In March 1996, Covenant moved their worship services into a new 500-seat auditorium built adjacent to the older structure. The new facility also includes a full-size Gymnasium and recreation area.
Over the years, ministries have steadily expanded, focusing both at home and abroad. The burden for people enlarged to include other churches, retired ministers, American Indians, and pioneering new churches.
In 2007 Covenant Church celebrated 55 years of worldwide ministry, as well as 25 years of Pastor & Laila Bare's leadership of the local body. We are grateful for the mighty blessings of God upon this congregation.
Today, Covenant Church averages about 800 in Sunday morning attendance. We are trans-cultural, crossing ethnic, racial, social and economic barriers. Our missions heart leads us to assist and encourage brothers and sisters around the globe.
A more extensive history is available here.